By leveraging financial resources, technical expertise and thought leadership across sectors, Siyakholwa creates a platform for public-private investment in bankable, investable, at-scale solutions with and for young people.
The partnership leverages its global reach and local networks to mobilize additional funding and ensure efforts are driven and implemented by local governments, development partners and communities, including young people. A lean, nimble Siyakholwa Global Team – Siyakholwa country partners in implementing the business model as well as to raise funds and disburse capital.
Siyakholwa financial capital is catalytic as it mobilizes and crowds in and partnerships. With the overall Siyakholwa catalytic funding target of R300 million by 2022, here below are some concrete ways to support the implementation of Siyakholwa in countries:additional funds toward the youth agenda from multilateral development banks, domestic public resources, private commercial investment, and private capital through shared-value.
1. Scale up effective programmes and innovation on education, training and skill development, entrepreneur-s youth employment and civic engagement.
- Provide financial resources to scale up proven initiativ and programmes in selected countries, as well as promising innovations
- Design business cases for global breakthroughs to demonstrate return on investment of scaling up innovation for young people and contribute financial or technical support to implementation of business cases in selected countries
- Organize youth challenges and contribute seed funding and incubation support for winners
2. Convening and brokering.
- Take the lead in South Africa disadvantaged communities in collaboration with national governments, mobilizing public and private partners around country assessments and the investment design of high-quality scalable opportunities and shared-value partnerships
- Ensure meaningful participation and leadership of young people in development and execution of Country Investment Agendas
3. Provide high-quality assistance in country levels to the development, implementation and monitoring of Country Investment in youth job creation programmes.
- Provide technical and financial support to assess in disadvantaged communities
- Contribute technical expertise and funding to undertake country assessments, develop Country Investment Agendas and design investment opportunities
- Lead in areas such as education, skills development and training, youth employment, partnerships, innovation, youth engagement, as well as research, monitoring and evaluation in rural and disadvantaged communities
- Contribute financial resources to sustain operations of youth business start-up
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to join hands with us and become a partner or sponsor by filling in the below contact from.
Nomvuyo Beauty Munyu